I was born and have lived my life in the tiny Village of Homer, pop. 1100. I have felt called to missions from a young age, but God clearly reminded me that I need to reach out to my neighbors with as much enthusiasm as I would if I were in the inner-city or across the ocean. I am passionate about rural development, small businesses, agriculture (and agri-tourism, such as “where does our food come from?”), and mixing this into loving our neighbors and being the change we want to see.
My husband and I have been married for 17+ years, and we homeschool our 5 children ages 6-16. We find it important to teach them about involvement in their own communities and also the value of hard work.
Thus began the journey of service to my community that has spanned over 20 years. I hope to take my experience and consult with others, to continue to benefit communities across the country.
If your community or organization is interested, please contact me.
1993-2012, Controller at Toshware, Inc (Family Business, manufacturing as a tier one for Harley-Davidson)
- Purchase Orders
- Employee Management (30 employees at one time)
- Multiple Bank Registers
- Income Statements/Balance Sheets
- Tax Records
- Database programming & management
1996, Library Assistant, Homer, IL
- Digitizing records
1997, Director of Peace Meal Program, Homer, IL
- Set up
- General Organization
- Clean up
1998-2000, Office Assistant at nonprofit radio station (WBGL), Champaign, IL
- Digitizing Records
- Volunteer Organization
1995-2003, President of Homer Recreation Board (events)
- Festival Planning
- Parade Organization
- Volunteer Director
2007-2012, Boy Scouts of America, Pack 42. Den Leader & Committee Chair
- Popcorn fundraising “Kernel”
- BSA training
2008-2015, Co-Owner of Village Wardrobe, a Boutique Children’s Consignment Store, two location (Homer & Monticello)
- With my mother, we renovated and constructed second-hand store that has the atmosphere of a boutique
2009-2017, Owner of Homer Soda Company
- Began a distribution business and grew it to hundreds of customers across the country
- featured by “Fossil” on Times Square in NYC
- featured in Food Network Magazine twice
2009-2010, Downtown Homer Movies
- Organized “big screen” movie nights once a month
2009-2001, Monticello Main Street, Volunteer
- Organized and created numerous events for Monticello that are still ongoing today:
- Summer Movies on the Square
- Red Wines of December
- Brews of October
- White Wines of Spring
2013-2016, Homer Community Improvement Association.
- Held positions from president to secretary
- Created their website
- Focuses on social work to tourism
2013-2017, Director of Homer Soda Festival
- Began a Soda Festival to boost Homer tourism. It grew quickly to be over 10,000 people and a national success.
2015-2016, Volunteer Marketing Director, Opera House in Homer